You've stumbled upon a list of my Non-MOMA projects! These have no relation to Monitors of Modern Art, and the reason they're stored on this website is principally because I have the website anyway so I might as well use it for this and save the money of buying another.
Thank you, and please enjoy!
Basic 3D Vector Calculator
A project created for HackNC 2016 with the help of several acquaintances. This collection of three slightly different playgrounds allows the user to experiment with vectors by drawing them from a central axis on a 3D graph. It also allows usage of various vector operations.Its GitHub repository can be found here
Monitors of Modern Art
More recently, I rewrote the website as a Django webapp, and that's what you're looking at now. The templates it uses are still more or less the same as the old version - with a few small quality-of-life upgrades for users - but the important part is that it's dynamically generated from a database of images, rather than painstakingly compiled from myriad HTML documents. This makes actually changing things - the descriptions of various works, the fundamental design of the pages, and in general updating the website - much easier. The webapp also has a companion project, a standalone desktop python script (with a GUI made in TkInter) that makes updating the website as easy as typing in the descriptions and pressing the button - no disappearing index page this time. The current version's base GitHub repository can be found here
A personal project created in January 2017, for organizing homework assignments. The program is designed to show the due dates and estimated completion times for various tasks, along with the ability to sort said tasks in different ways to aid in prioritization and organization. I completed this project entirely by myself, in Java using the Javax Swing architecture for the GUI. There's no online version, but the app can be downloaded as an OS X or Windows executable from the github repository below.
Undergraduate Research: Forensic Speaker Identification
Under Dr. Robert Rodman, during the semester of Fall 2015, I attempted to make a program capable of detecting similarities between disguised voices (e.g. using a voice modulator) and non-disguised voices. My approach mainly involved comparing the waveforms using fast Fourier transforms, looking for rhythm and cadence similarities between the given disguised speech samples. My algorithm managed a better-than-average success rate at corresponding disguised voice samples to real voice samples.
The report I wrote at the end of the semester can be accessed at the link below. Resources are available on request.
Undergraduate Research: Cross-Cultural Communication Training Simulation
Under Dr. Chris Martens, during the semester of Fall 2017, I and a fellow student worked with NCSU's Global Technological Initiative to create an interactive visual novel aimed at training players in fluent cross-cultural interaction. The main technical aspects of the project involved manipulating the RenPy visual novel engine to accommodate complex cultural orientation values of conversation participants, and trust changes between them, as well as visual interfaces to display this information as it changes. Our solution was to build a framework around the RenPy engine: the program we made converts a properly-formatted script and several source files (to define the characters and cultural orientations to be included) into a runnable RenPy visual novel. Thus, we created an easily-extensible and adaptable solution for making simulations of cross-cultural conversations that accommodate the different cultural orientations and dispositions of conversational participants.
Unfortunately, due to privacy considerations from the GTI, the GitHub repository for this project is not available to the public. I may, however, be able to provide resources on request - and the paper we wrote at the end of the semester summarizing the project can be found below.